Results / Numbers
Van Go teens are just like you and me–but over 70 percent of them live in poverty. Many of our teens are at risk for drug and alcohol abuse, teen pregnancy, truancy and delinquency, depression and emotional problems. After working at Van Go, these same teens have a higher graduation rate than teens with similar histories, and blossom into confident, goal-setting, respectful citizens of our community.
In addition, Van Go surpasses all performance measures set by the U.S. Dept. of Labor’s Workforce Investment and Opportunities Act (WIOA is Van Go’s largest funder).
- 93.5% of participants report being more prepared to find a job after working at Van Go
- 97.5% of participants report improved job skills after working at Van Go
- 72.5% of participants felt an increase in self-confidence due to Van Go’s efforts
- 62.5% felt their experience at Van Go led to improved relationships
- 95% of participants report that Van Go made them more responsible
- 89% of youth reported a desire to improve their physical health
SERVICES TO YOUTH (2020)